Do tenancy agreements need to be renewed?

Read the tenancy renewal letter guide now

Learn more

If you would like to stay in your rented property after the fixed term of a tenancy agreement has ended you have two choices: 

A. Renew your tenancy agreement.

B. Do not review your tenancy agreement and automatically enter into a rolling periodic tenancy if you remain in the property.

If you know you wish to remain in the property for another year, for example, it might be wise to agree a new tenancy agreement with your landlord because (save in certain unique circumstances, listed here) they cannot evict you until the end of a fixed term. Periodic tenancies by contrast are more flexible.

Create your tenancy agreement with Legislate now

Create your custom tenancy renewal letter now

Get Started

Looking for more answers?

More Questions