Do I need a licence to have a lodger?

You do not need to have a licence if you are taking on a lodger unless you are taking on multiple unrelated lodgers and your property becomes classified as a House in multiple occupation.

However, as a live in landlord you still have obligations which include conducting a ‘right to rent’ check and ensuring the room and property are safe and fit for human habitation.

Go to Questions

Keep Reading