Our vision

Putting the “law” in un-law-yered

Charles BrecqueCharles Brecque
Last updated on:
February 3, 2022
Published on:
November 9, 2021

Read the employment agreement guide now

Read the Guide

What is legalese?

Contracts are known for their legalese; they can be confusing and dangerous to vary if the implications are not fully understood. As a result, it is best practice to partner with a qualified solicitor when negotiating and varying contracts safely. This can seem expensive and time consuming for the simple low value contracts the unlawyered wish to negotiate, such as employment, non-disclosure and tenancy agreements

How do the unlawyered contract?

These contracts are often generated at a high enough volume to experience the pain of contracting but not quite enough to justify support from a full time legal team member. As a result, many small businesses and large landlords work and adapt legacy templates without necessarily appreciating that they might not have complete protection, or that certain clauses won’t be enforceable.

Curious about automated data extraction from documents?

Why are the unlawyered excluded from contracting solutions?

Moreover, contracting platforms are generally designed for lawyers and therefore aren’t suitable for the unlawyered. As a result, they have to rely on Word, PDFs and email to contract which, by design, makes the process slow and extracting valuable contract data challenging.

How to put the "law" in the unlawyered

Simple contracts shouldn’t require legal support in the majority of intended situations. The terms and structure of a contract can be standardised so that they are fair and satisfy 90% of the parties requirements. Moreover, the remaining 10% of requirements can be achieved for the unlawyered with subtle changes to the structure of the contracts which shouldn’t require a lawyer. 

About Legislate

Legislate is a platform which allows large landlords and small businesses to create, configure and sign robust and fair agreements which satisfy 100% of their requirements and that they can understand. Legislate streamlines the contracting process with automation, creating a delightful experience for parties on both sides of the contract table. Once the contracts are signed, Legislate extracts unique insights with its patent-pending knowledge graph which then allows its members to make key decisions for their business and improve their negotiating position with the latest contracting trends from the Legislate community.

To find out more, read one of our tutorials, book a demo of Legislate or join our waiting list.

The opinions on this page are for general information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice on which you should rely.

Create your employment agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.