Fixed-term Lodger licence agreement with live-in landlord

Find out more about lodger licence agreements

Read the Guide

Lodgers love the convenience and ease of this online lodger agreement system.

A lodger licence agreement allows a live-in landlord to rent a room in their main home to a lodger. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room. As a result, a lodger is not a tenant and has less rights than under an assured shorthold tenancy as they are living in the landlord's main home.

A fixed term lodger licence allows a live-in landlord to take on a lodger for a fixed period of time which can be as short as 1 night to as long as a couple of months. A fixed term can be renewed if the landlord or lodger agree to.

Curious about extracting data from pdf documents with AI?

A live in-landlord is a landlord who lets out a spare room in their main home. Live-in landlords can earn tax-free income from a lodger up to £7,500 under the government's Rent a Room scheme.

Taking on a lodger is a great way to generate some additional rental income from spare rooms in your property. However, it is important to choose a lodger who you get on with to ensure a smooth rental.

Live-in landlords can create and manage their lodger licence agreements with Legislate. This helps them save time and offer a professional experience to their lodgers.

Create your lodger licence agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading