6 month Lodger licence agreement with live-in landlord

Find out more about lodger licence agreements

Read the Guide

Legislate's lodger licence agreement is great for landlords who want to take advantage of the flexibility of managing their documents online.

A lodger licence agreement allows a live-in landlord to rent a room in their main home to a lodger. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room. As a result, a lodger is not a tenant and has less rights than under an assured shorthold tenancy as they are living in the landlord's main home.

A 6 month lodger licence allows a live-in landlord to rent a room to a lodger for 6 months. During this period the lodger will pay a licence fee either upfront or on a weekly or monthly basis. A lodger will be treated as an excluded occupier which means that the landlord has the right to relocated them to a different room in the property or evict them without a court order if the lodger refuses to leave after being served the appropriate notice.

Curious about extracting data from pdf documents with AI?

A live in-landlord is a landlord who lets out a spare room in their main home. Live-in landlords can earn tax-free income from a lodger up to £7,500 under the government's Rent a Room scheme.

Taking on a lodger is a great way to generate some additional rental income from spare rooms in your property. However, it is important to choose a lodger who you get on with to ensure a smooth rental.

Live-in landlords can create and manage their lodger licence agreements with Legislate. This helps them save time and offer a professional experience to their lodgers.

Create your lodger licence agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading