Rolling Lodger licence agreement with monthly payments

Find out more about lodger licence agreements

Read the Guide

Legislate provides a platform so anyone can easily and affordably create and manage their own legal documents and save money on legal fees.

A lodger licence agreement allows a live-in landlord to rent a room in their main home to a lodger. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room. As a result, a lodger is not a tenant and has less rights than under an assured shorthold tenancy as they are living in the landlord's main home.

A rolling lodger licence is a lodger agreement with no end-date and which automatically renews at the frequency of licence fee payments. Both the landlord and the lodger can terminate the agreement by serving resonable notice which is usually a multiple of the payment frequency.

Create lawyer-approved contracts for free for 7 days

A lodger and landlord must give each other reasonable notice to terminate the licence which is usually based on the payment frequency. A lodger licence fee can be paid monthly which means that they can usually give each other 1 or 2 months' notice to terminate the agreement.

Someone seeking a short to mid-term room for less than 6 months might want to become a lodger instead of a taking on a tenancy as a lodger licence agreement offers fewer restrictions and more flexibility.

Legislate's lodger licence agreement allows the payment frequency of the licence fee to be weekly, monthly or upfront. Creating a lodger licence agreement with Legislate offers a great experience to your lodger and centralises your documents for compliance purposes.

Create your lodger licence agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading