Rolling Lodger licence agreement with letting agent

Find out more about lodger licence agreements

Read the Guide

Legislate is an online platform that helps landlords in the UK create a fair and legal rolling lodger licence agreement.

A lodger licence agreement allows a live-in landlord to rent a room in their main home to a lodger. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room. As a result, a lodger is not a tenant and has less rights than under an assured shorthold tenancy as they are living in the landlord's main home.

A rolling lodger licence is a lodger agreement with no end-date and which automatically renews at the frequency of licence fee payments. Both the landlord and the lodger can terminate the agreement by serving resonable notice which is usually a multiple of the payment frequency.

Create lawyer-approved contracts for free for 7 days

A letting agent is a person or company who can help a landlord let out their property. A letting agent usually helps match tenants with properties and manages the relationship with the tenant on the landlord's behalf.

Whilst letting agents usually manage properties of live-out landlords, they can offer lodger sourcing services to live-in landlords. This can help landlords save time both in finding lodgers and conducting reference checks.

Legislate's lodger licence agreement can be created by agents on behalf of the landlord. A letting agent can also sign on behalf of the landlord if they have their permission.

Create your lodger licence agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading