1 month Lodger licence agreement with letting agent

Find out more about lodger licence agreements

Read the Guide

Whatever your reasons for letting a room, a letting agent can help you to find a good lodger and make sure the room is well cared for.

A lodger licence agreement allows a live-in landlord to rent a room in their main home to a lodger. A lodger is an excluded occupier which means that they do not have exclusive possession of their room. As a result, a lodger is not a tenant and has less rights than under an assured shorthold tenancy as they are living in the landlord's main home.

A 1 month lodger licence allows a live-in landlord to rent a room to a lodger for 1 month. During this month the lodger will pay a licence fee either upfront or on a weekly basis. A lodger will be treated as an excluded occupier which means that the landlord has the right to relocated them to a different room in the property or evict them without a court order if the lodger refuses to leave after being served the appropriate notice.

Curious about extracting data from pdf documents with AI?

A letting agent is a person or company who can help a landlord let out their property. A letting agent usually helps match tenants with properties and manages the relationship with the tenant on the landlord's behalf.

Whilst letting agents usually manage properties of live-out landlords, they can offer lodger sourcing services to live-in landlords. This can help landlords save time both in finding lodgers and conducting reference checks.

Legislate's lodger licence agreement can be created by agents on behalf of the landlord. A letting agent can also sign on behalf of the landlord if they have their permission.

Create your lodger licence agreement now

Get Started

Keep Reading